Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 15:08:53 -0500

On 01/21/2018 02:22 PM, Jason Self wrote:
> I think we should wait for someone from the Licensing and Compliance
> Lab, or the FSF at large, to reply before making any changes to that page.

indeed - i meant only to show that even the clearly incorrect parts take
a long time to be changed - in contrast to the recent suggestions
somewhere along the lines of warnings about 15 year old web browsers
like "DANGER: here be dragons" - where there is comparatively far less
consensus or urgency

i seriously doubt the FSF would want to endorse a distro while at the
same time warning against its use - if that is the best solution so far
then this current topic probably deserves much more discussion