Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Discussing the FSF endorsement process going forwa

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Discussing the FSF endorsement process going forward
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 21:22:39 +0100

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 02:25:09PM -0500, Donald Robertson wrote:
> For example, the FSF has not rejected ConnochaetOS; we have never
> reviewed the distro because they have never made it to the step where
> their application was handed over to us to review. In looking through
> the past history it seems they went through several cycles of people
> looking at their work, but we at FSF never clarified what the steps of
> the process were or where they were at in that process. We were never
> clear about how the process was supposed to end.

It sounds like German bureaucracy. You should not
be passive, but rather pro-active. Finally your
efforts are important and that is why people are
contributing to the FSF.

There is free software distribution out there and
somebody is crying to get endorsed?

Don't wait for them to make it to the step where
their application is ahdned over to you for
review.

As if you don't know the steps, don't expect those
developers to know the steps either.

Be proactive, get in action.

What you are doing now is good action.

> * When they arrive on the linux-libre mailing list, they will receive an
> "application manager", an individual volunteer on the list who wants to
> take on the role of ensuring that their application continues to move
> forward. If we have many applicants at the same time, there could be
> multiple "application managers", but otherwise it could possibly just be
> one "application team captain" making sure
> things stay on track.

In former Yugoslavia they say, too many lazy
grandmothers, lazy is going to be the grandchild.

It means you certainly do not need too many
captains, managers to handle this number of few
applications.

Very nice to be creative.

Just if that creativity is going to be practical
and efficient.

Jean Louis