Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity

From: Robert Call
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 23:35:02 -0400

On Sun, 2018-03-25 at 23:17 -0400, bill-auger wrote:
> On 03/25/2018 04:22 PM, Jason Self wrote:
> > But I don't think that the FSDG requires distros to remove a
> > program
> > over allegations of freedom problems.
>
> no, but the FSDG does specify "No software from the List of software
> that does not respect the FSDG" - so until the day chromium is
> removed
> from that list, i think it's blacklisting is compulsory in lieu of
> any
> known liberation procedure

That is not part of the FSDG! It would only be if they did not
cooperate or if they did not make a commitment to removing non-free
software! So, should libreCMC be removed or blacklisted if we found
some non-obvious freedom issue or bug? Mistakes and misunderstanding do
happen and you can't ignore that.

--
Robert Call (bob)
address@hidden