Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola evaluation

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola evaluation
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 10:13:55 +0200

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 09:03:33AM +0100, Michael Dorrington wrote:
> On 12/05/18 17:49, Benoît wrote:
>
> > # Other "Information for practical use" under a free license
> > NOTES: Hyperbola contains in the amendments "Hyperbola is free software"
> > and "Hyperbola is free culture" from its social contract [1] the commitment
> > to not include or recommend non-free software or documentation.
>
> If Hyperbola is Free Culture then it won't be including the Emacs manual
> nor the GCC manual nor anything else under GFDL with "invariant sections".
>
> For more information see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-culture_movement#Skepticism_from_the_FSF

Documentations and opinions or expressions are
different matters. After my personal review of
those above statements, I do not see any conflict
to say that Hyperbola is free culture and that its
documentation is free, even with opinions included
that shall not be changed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_Berliner

"Ich bin ein Berliner" (German pronunciation:
[ˈʔɪç ˈbɪn ʔaɪn bɛɐ̯ˈliːnɐ], "I am a Berliner") is
a quotation of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, in
a speech given on June 26, 1963, in West Berlin.

Now if somebody wish to provide documentation that
says that: "Ich bin ein Guggenberger", "I am a
Guggenberger") is a quotation of U.S. President John
F. Kennedy, in a speech given on June 26, 1963, in
West Berlin. -- then I understand such as not
appropriate as opinions shall not be
misinterpreted by others, so other people shall
not have that much "freedom" to make false
statements.

In that sense, with respect to opinions, I do not
see why Hyperbola cannot be free culture and
include the Emacs Manual and GCC manual and GFDL
with invariant sections.

Jean