[GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1308285] add uruk gnu/linux to free list

From: Therese Godefroy via RT
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1308285] add uruk gnu/linux to free list
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:20:33 -0400

On Thu Jul 19 08:46:19 2018, address@hidden wrote:
> There may be a misunderstanding then Thérèse;

If there was a misunderstanding, it was not on my part. Please
check my last message to Ali; I clearly told him he had to
contact gnu-linux-libre himself. And if I remember correctly
this is what he did one year ago, and again 6 months ago... to
no avail. My dealings with this list had to do with another
ticket.

> the GNU Webmastering
> Guidelines had never asked for the Webmasters themselves to write to
> the list. https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/#distros
> #3 has that the requestor (not the Webmasters) write to the list after
> the Webmasters have verified (in #1) that the people requesting are the
> primary developers and (in #2) briefly checked that the distro is a
> feasible candidate.

Why don't you write this clearly in the webmastering guidelines?

> > By the way, I wonder what webmasters have to do in this
> > process, except acting as spam filter.
>
> That is effectively it, yes: To make sure that the people asking for
> the endorsement are the right people, since only the primary developers
> can request endorsement -- the users of the distro should be referred
> back to the primary developers -- and to filter out distros that
> clearly (based on only a brief examination) won't qualify.

And this too. It may be useful to explain what you mean by "a brief
examination".

Best,
Thérèse