[GNU-linux-libre] FreeSlack -> Freenix transition is done, awaiting revi

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] FreeSlack -> Freenix transition is done, awaiting review
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:52:18 -0700

Hi everyone!

We publicized the distribution/project name change from FreeSlack to Freenix, and our websites are all  Freenixy now. Some notes to reviewers:

Things like names of files are left alone for the current stable (14.2) but will be thoroughly rebranded wherever appropriate in the next stable release.

A lilo screen with branding supplied via Wiki is still old style, but it is not supplied during the installation anyway, requiring 100% manual install, and will be updated for the next release as well.

There are a couple of links from our wiki to Slackware documentation, like this place for example:

http://docs.slackware.com/slackware:beginners_guide#switch_to_a_generic_kernel

It makes zero sense to duplicate the documentation, since our project is dead set on keeping the technical details identical to Slackware as much as possible, allowing us not to fork support. We don't see a problem with this,

but if the consensus is that it may be confusing, we can publish a disclaimer about no affiliation, and how users should be wary of the possibility that non-free software is mentioned there (we are not aware of such an instance, but we have no control over that wiki).

Our wiki, which is the main source of documentation:

https://freenix.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start

And our forum: https://freenix.net/forum/

Please let us know if you see anything else that requires our attention.