Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre last chance comments

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre last chance comments
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:14:27 -0300

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 21:59:18 +0100
Jean Louis <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 05:40:02PM -0300, Matias Fonzo wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 17:08:31 +0100
> > Jean Louis <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Donald,
> > >
> > > That is very good news! Thank you so much!
> > >
> > > Jean
> > >
> > > P.S.
> > >
> > > I would propose that you make survey or poll
> > > feature on the page of free GNU distributions, so
> > > that people can vote which distribution is mostly
> > > used or which one they like mostly.
> > >

> > That could mean that one distribution is better than another.
>
> We can see which one is more popular, rather than
> better as it is very subjective.

"Popular" based on what?.  This could induce to the possible interested
person in make believe that a distribution is better than another, and
also leave the suspicious that the people behind the FSF or GNU is
manipulating the ranking in favor of a specific distribution.

This sucks, simple because not all the listed distributions have been
built to win a popularity contest ...