gnu-misc-discuss
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: definition of "free" for N-millionth time


From: Aaron R. Kulkis
Subject: Re: definition of "free" for N-millionth time
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:21:34 -0500

Jay Maynard wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:23:04 -0500, David Masterson <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >>>>>> "Jay" == Jay Maynard <address@hidden> writes:
> >> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:55:41 GMT, T. Max Devlin <address@hidden>
> >> wrote:
> >>> One profiteer of BSD software can make future *licenses* of all future
> >>> software more restrictive ("non-free"); this cannot happen with GPL,
> >>> which is the entire point.
> >> Pure unadulterated horse exhaust.
> >> There is *NOTHING* that M$ can do that will prohibit me from running
> >> NetBSD, now or ever.
> >If you're going to quote someone, make sure you understand what he
> >said.  This is _*not*_ what he said.
> 
> (I normally trim quotes, but I left it in place to make following the
> argument simple.)
> 
> I deon't see how what I argued is not a response to his statement that I
> quoted. The point is simple: TMax is a GPV zealot, based on what, according
> to his own words, is a flawed understanding of the situation. He's not
> educable, having said the same wrong thing over and over and over...but
> perhaps I can help others not follow the same yellow brick road.

The Yellow Brick Road is a GOOD thing...
It leads out of the forest to get to Oz.



> 
> Quite aside from his repeated bleating about how profits are evil, his
> argument - along with many other GPV zealots - is that someone can come
> along and remove software from the real of being freely available. This is
> demonstrably false, as my counterexample dcemonstrates.
> 
> >> If people wouldn't repeat this utter falsehood, I wouldn't be
> >> compelled to keep pointing out its falsity.
> >You haven't shown what he said to be false.  You've only shown that
> >what you *believe* he said is false.  The two do not agree.
> 
> So you claim. How are the two different?


-- 
Aaron R. Kulkis
Unix Systems Engineer
DNRC Minister of all I survey
ICQ # 3056642

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,
        Special Interest Sierra Club,
        Anarchist Members of the ACLU
        Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
        The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
        Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,


J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....

I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole

H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
    you are lazy, stupid people"

G:  Knackos...you're a retard.


F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.

E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
   her behavior improves.

D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (C) above.
 
C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.

B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
   direction that she doesn't like.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]