Why I refuse to use Linux

From: Snuffelluffogus
Subject: Why I refuse to use Linux
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:42:37 -0000

Call me a purist, but I loathe capitalism : it promotes big companies,
not small; it allows the likes of Microsoft and Autodesk to swallow up
small competitors; it requires retail chain stores to be controlled
by the biggest bully corporations in order to serve the profit motive;
and, it causes corporate front organizations such as the FSF to be
formed to fool developers into writing software for either no money,
or while receiving money from a public source such as state universities;
and thus it should be no surprise that I refuse to use Linux since
it is based on such efforts by corporations (who have already subverted
democracies with WTO/GATT, the World Bank, NAFTA/CAFTA, not to mention
bribes to politicians). Linux is not purely a thing of the People,
it is a thing of the People duped into giving away their labor for either
no money, or with the costs externalized to universities. A thing
such as free software, which is therefore rotten at the core, cannot last
and should not last.