Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)

From: GreyCloud
Subject: Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:47:06 -0600

e71p@yahoo.com wrote:

I had an interview today where I was told that, because I had
coded so much for Unix/Linux and only a couple years for Windows
that I had to "change [my] religion" to Windows. I said, in
as polite a tone as possible, "well it's not really a religion,
it's just an OS; and I'm pretty much agnostic about OSes".
But that wasn't enough, the dingbat manager was apparently quite
serious and didn't believe that I could convert away from my Unix-and-Linux religion -- he didn't believe I was agnostic --
to Windoze. He even mentioned that "at least" I didn't have any
Java on my resume -- that would have been pure heresy it seems.
But I even resorted to praising Windows despite the fact that I commonly watch Explorer crash under XP Pro after certain operations. Granted
the kernel itself stays running...just don't install Visual C++!
I must say I find it pathetic and stupid that people get wrapped up in their
little operating systems. It's not just the interviewer: the bickering that goes on in Usenet is just the same, with Linux advocates trying to insult 'less pious' Linux users and Windows zealots making insipid childish attacks. The disdain that self-promoted gurus and experts have for the public only shows their hubris. And of course anyone who questions open source is automatically a heretic--the enemy. And all this religious childishness is over what, a stupid box of circuits sitting on your desk? Why the hell care? These people need to get a LIFE.

It seems you have been brain washed by M$ to believe that it is okay to put up with garbage software that crashes. Would you buy a car that was a known lemon??