NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 15 December 2004 NYLUG Special Holiday Meeting

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 15 December 2004 NYLUG Special Holiday Meeting
Date: 14 Dec 2004 10:33:24 -0500

  what="official NYLUG announcement"
  note="to register for meeting, go to http://rsvp.nylug.org";>

 From: John Bacall <john@unixen.org>
 To: NYLUG Announcements <nylug-announce@nylug.org>
 Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:20:00 -0500 (EST)
 Subject: [nylug-announce] TOMORROW! NY Linux Users Grp. 15 Dec. Meeting: Jim
Gleason (NYLUG.org) on Happy Holidays Abbreviated Meeting, Pizza, Soda, and
Free Books!

 December 15th, 2004
 Wednesday
 6:00PM-6:30PM  <-------<<<<   <-------<<<<   <-------<<<<   <-------<<<<
 IBM Headquarters Building
 590 Madison Avenue at 57th Street
 12th Floor, home to the IBM Linux Center of Competency

 ** RSVP Instructions **
     NEW POLICY: You must R.S.V.P. for *EVERY* meeting.
     Register at http://rsvp.nylug.org/
     Check in with photo ID at the lobby for badge and room number.

                    Jim Gleason (New York Linux Users Group)
                                      -on-
       Happy Holidays' Abbreviated Meeting, Pizza, Soda, and Free Books!

    It is that special time of year once again. The Holidays. Happy
    Holidays! to all our friends and readers! May you prosper and find
    joy this coming season.

    This year the New York Linux Users Group is -not- having its
    customary Holidays party. Instead we are having an abbreviated half
    hour meeting, from 6:00PM through 6:30PM. A half hour earlier than
    usual.

      Please show up early!

    If not you will miss out on the giveaway of several dozen excellent
    technical books, eat delicious pizza and drink soda, as well. Some of
    the books for the taking are:

      * UNIX Shells by Example by Ellie Quigley
      * C++ Without Fear by Brian Overland
      * Moving to the Linux Business Desktop by Marcel Gagne
      * Succeeding with Open Source by Bernard Golden
      * many infosec books, too many to mention
      * O'Reilly Running Linux

    Our gratitude to the publishers for their generosity: O'Reilly and
    Associates, Addison Wesley/Prentice Hall, others.

    After the abbreviated meeting you can head to your other Holiday
    parties, or to Stammtisch. I encourage you to bring and to use your
    digital cameras, to take lots of photos of stuffed, pizza filled,
    happy mouths. Please share your photographs with us so we may post
    them on the NYLUG site. Mail your high resolution photos, or send
    your repository's hyperlink to John Bacall, john@unixen.org.

 Free Stuff!
     Swag of undetermined value and quantity may be distributed on a
     first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for the best selection.

 Stammtisch
     After the meeting ... Join us around 6:30pm or so at TGI Friday's,
     located at 677 Lexington Avenue and 56th Street, second floor.
     Northeast corner.

 Please see our home page at http://www.nylug.org/ for the HTMLized
 version of this announcement, our archives, and a lot of other good
 stuff.

 Monthly Reminder!
     Please read the NYLUG-Talk Posting Guidelines at:
     http://www.nylug.org/mlistguide/