Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:44:13 +0100

   >    And if I let you run a program from a CD of mine, the CD then
   >    becomes yours?  Because CDs can be copied?
   >
   > CDs are still physical like cars.  Apples vs rocks.

   You'll be hard put to run a program without a physical copy.

You are speaking about duplicating a physical entity, not duplicating
the software.  If you can show me a method to duplicate a CD that
contains GNU hello, N times, then you have a point.  And you will get
the Nobel price at the same time.