Re: New Software License idea: "The Freedom License."

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: New Software License idea: "The Freedom License."
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:53:49 +0200

Joerg Schilling wrote:

> In article <sblv4e.lb1.ln@acm.acm>, Alan Mackenzie  <acm@muc.de> wrote:
> >Karen Hill <karen_hill22@yahoo.com> wrote on 22 May 2006 16:49:50 -0700:
>
> >What is wrong with this?  Commands like make have evolved considerably
> >since 1972.  However, inside the GNU make info page you can read this:
> >
> >       GNU `make' conforms to section 6.2 of `IEEE Standard 1003.2-1992'
> >    (POSIX.2).
>
> Do you believe all false claims?

Alan believes that taking two separate and independent computer program
works (separate and independent under copyright law, according to the
AFC test) and combining them together in a compilation (see 17 USC 101)
creates a "derived work" (see the GNU Copyleft Act) akin to "embryo
which is derived from the egg and sperm." I gather that he also believes
that linking is akin to sex without condoms (and that it is not oral or
anal).

regards,
alexander.