Re: GNU licenses

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:29:16 +0200 (CEST)

   Boy oh boy we love to pick on semantics! I should have said the
   "evil motive" _behind_ the GPL.

There is no evil motive behind the GNU GPL.  It keeps users like you,
me and John free to run, use, modify and distribute programs.  It
keeps users free to do what they have a right to do.  That is the sole
purpose of the GNU GPL, and the Free Software movement: to allow users
to control their own machines, and help their friends.