Re: More GPL questions

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: More GPL questions
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:47:45 +0200 (CEST)

   > You are not forced to anything, you agreed to follow the license;
   > see section 5 of the GNU GPL. But, it would be better if you
   > respected the rights of your users by making your library free
   > software, would you like to do that and help us in the fight
   > against a society that subjugates the rights of computer users?

   I am forced into a choice of including an example program or making
   my source code available, yes.

This implies that you are forced to include the example, which you are
not.  By including it, you have agreed to abide by the license that
applies to the work.

   If that is, indeed, the choice, I will happily choose to not
   include the qt example. It provides little value for the cost.

The cost that users have to give up by using your library is much
greater, they are not allowed to run, study, improve and/or distribute
your work.  Instead, you could do the morally and ethically correct
thing, and licensing your software under a free software license,
would you like to do that?