Re: Confused about LGPL terms - can you help?

From: xp_newbie
Subject: Re: Confused about LGPL terms - can you help?
Date: 7 Nov 2006 21:44:11 -0800

John Hasler wrote:
> No.  If you are not distributing the library you need do nothing special.

Thanks, John. This clarifies things and makes a lot of sense.

> If you are you must comply with the terms of the library license but your
> code is not affected.

OK - this is the tricky part. Say that for the customer's convenience I
would like to included that DLL in the installation package (same CD,
zip file, etc.). Does this oblige me to open my own source code?

Otherwise, by "you must comply with the terms of the library license" I
understand that all I have to do is:"...conspicuously and appropriately
publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of
warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to
the absence of any warranty; and distribute a copy of this License
along with the Library."

Did I get this right?