Re: Strawmen and Urban Legends

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Strawmen and Urban Legends
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:46:22 +0000

Dom, 2006-12-17 às 10:20 -0500, rjack escreveu:
> The computer “software patent” is

not recognised in almost any law, so they invent terms like "computer
implemented invention" or try to hide the fact that it's a computer
program by calling it things like "apparatus", etc...

>  a true urban legend . . .

Not true, since the European Patent Office admitted around some 30.000
of them a few years back (2002?).

>  created to
> promote an agenda for the abolishment of intellectual property.

I didn't know you belonged to the "conspiracy theory nuts" field.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?