Re: [help] You opinion on an project idea for the Google Summer of Code

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: [help] You opinion on an project idea for the Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:41:40 +0000

Sex, 2007-03-16 às 14:54 +0100, jonathan le vigouroux escreveu:
> I don't get it. What is the matter? I'm here because I need help, and

You wanted patrons to write something that isn't quite necessary and
made false statements.

>  the lonely two answers I get is someone reproaching me to have said
> Linux instead of GNU/Linux (of course that person never said Windows
> instead of Microsoft Windows)

Totally different, in the case of Windows vs Microsoft Windows, you're
simply omitting the maker, in the case of GNU/Linux, when you say Linux
you're talking about a kernel (http://www.kernel.org/) which is a very
small and optional part of the GNU system.

When you add the Linux kernel to the GNU system you get a GNU/Linux
system.

For that there are many variants, Red Hat Enterprise [GNU/]Linux, Debian
GNU/Linux, Ubuntu GNU/Linux, etc...

>  and the other one just basically deleted my mail for two falses facts
> I apparently said without explaining anything.

Nothing. You didn't apparently said.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?