Creative Commons GPL - The same as the regular GPL?

From: Colonel Communism
Subject: Creative Commons GPL - The same as the regular GPL?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 05:40:43 GMT

I've noticed that on the Creative Commons website, there's an option for licensing your work under a "CC-GNU GPL." It says that it adds Creative Commons metadata to the license and the Commons deed.

My question is, what's the real difference? And is the CC-GNU GPL sanctioned by the Free Software Foundation?