Re: SFLC chooses wrong court

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: SFLC chooses wrong court
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:29:06 +0100

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:59:31PM -0400, rjack wrote:
> The SFLC is using threats of copyright infringement prosecution under
> the GPL as a tactical matter to force Monsoon Multimedia to comply with
> a contractual covenant.The SFLC will never allow a federal court to
> examine the GPL on its merits.

No, the SFLC is suing Monsoon Multimedia for copyright violation.

> Failing to distribute source code is a contract breach and not a
> violation of a work's permitted use under copyright law.

Failing to distribute source code fails the condition for such distribution
to happen. Since thay failed the condition, they have no right do distribute
under copyright law.

> There is
> obviously no provision under U.S. copyright law to *force* a party who
> has permission to copy and make derivative works to distribute those
> copyrighted works. Those actions are solely a contractual matter.

Nobody is forcing distribution, they're distributing already, without
permission to do so.

But then, you're just a troll and I have (sigh) fed you a little.

Sry, everyone else!

Rui

--
You are what you see.
Today is Sweetmorn, the 47th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?