GPL question

From: Mike Cox
Subject: GPL question
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:44:40 -0700

I am currently developing a closed source application that
is going to be used on Linux and Solaris. Question is,

(1) Can I dynamically link my application with free libraries
already present on the target system, even if they're GPL'ed?
(specifically, libbfd, part of binutils, I believe; and gdbm)

(2) If a required GPL library is missing on the user's system,
can I include a copy of this library in my software distribution?

--
Mike Cox (the_real_mike_cox)
mikecox_linux@yahoo.com