NYC LOCAL: Friday 26 October 2007 Viacom vs Google Federal Copyright Cas

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Friday 26 October 2007 Viacom vs Google Federal Copyright Case
Date: 26 Oct 2007 03:02:17 -0400

I resend a notice from Fred Benenson, head of NYU Free Culture
Club.  The notice of this important action at law is appended.

Personal Note:

Listening to and seeing such a case argued before a judge is
seldom boring.  If you go you will likely be astonished at more
than one thing.

Appearing at court to listen, and to learn, is important.  It is
also important that we show up so that the other side knows that
we will not lose this engagement by default.  Speak to reporters.
Reporters are usually intelligent and usually want to learn, but
often they are remarkably ignorant.  A careful clarity of
expression, and a gentle stroking of the flanks, will sometimes
loosen a bit the grip of The Official Story on the mind of the
reporter.

Jay Sulzberger <secretary@lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

  what="notice of time and date of court action">