Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman

From: jellybean stonerfish
Subject: Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 00:00:56 GMT

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:24:02 +0100, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

Well not really, but he pasted something.

> Creating a distribution from scratch is probably to much work. So we have
> to go the second way: Build upon an existing distribution.

Is it really that hard to build a distribution.  I, as untrained as I am,
have an old laptop 97, that I built lfs on in 200?, so I could have a
working laptop. At the time I could not find a distro cd that would
boot.  It's system is sleek, just X with a couple or apps (firefox, gqview,
ect ).  Automating the build process with scripts would not be that tough.

Stallman won't even own an encrypted dvd and I bet doesn't go to sites
needing flash.  I am surprised he, or other folks at the gnu foundation
don't roll their own os.

I use ubuntu for my desktop, because it is easy.  I also like the fact
that my nvidia card's 3d works, and I do watch flash and listen to m4a
files once in a while.

stonerfish