Re: Attorney fees

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Attorney fees
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:53:17 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Futile goal.
Right from the mouth of German GPL enforcer extraordinaire Harald Welte:
http://laforge.gnumonks.org/weblog/2006/10/30/
(Some more thoughts on the results of GPL enforcement)

You conveniently left out:
    "I don't want to write about the legal results, since they have always
     been successful, in 100+ violations that I've been dealing with so far.
     While this whole post might sound bitter and resignated, and like I
     wanted to give up GPL enforcement since it's not worth it: This is not
     the message that I want to put out. GPL enforcement remains important."

In fact, the post reinforces exactly what I have said. No one in the world
who is distributing GPLed software subscribes to your cockamamie theories of
non-validity. Rather, these non-compliant distributors are lazy and stupid,
and once forced through legal action, go ahead and make their sources
available. And their revisions are crappy. But that's not an excuse.