Re: softwarecombinations paper Re: LGPL vs. GPL

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: softwarecombinations paper Re: LGPL vs. GPL
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:25:46 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>  > It's up to the FSF/SFLC to proof their belief. Thus far, all that
>  > we've seen is just a bunch of moronic complaints warranting automatic
>  > dismissal AND which were dismissed automatically by the SFLC.
>
> The plaintiffs have to prove their beliefs only to the extent that
> the defendants challenge them. Thus far, after the cases end, the

Man oh man. According to Hyman if I sue him and shortly dismiss the
complaint prior to ANY response from him on court record (not to mention
lack of anything other than dismissal order from the judge) then I'm
surely has proven all allegations and his liability. What are you
smoking Hyman?

> source code for the GPLed software has been made available.

How come that Verizon still doesn't make GPLed software available "as
required" Hyman?

Note that Verizon makes GPLed binaries available on its own website.

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp
http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/06/verizon-ceo-doesnt-know-about.html

regards,
alexander.