Re: Circumventing the GPL

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Circumventing the GPL
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:44:58 -0400

David Kastrup wrote:
I recommend that you reread the thread and decide on who you call A and
who B.  It will make it easier for the judge to figure out things.

Oops, I did mix them up. But in any case, there is
no law of copyright that says that if I ask someone
to develop software, even if I tell them the details
of what I want, that I become the owner of the
developed software. There is no law that prevents me
from buying individual copies of the software. And
there is a law in the U.S. that says I may resell
those copies without any license.