Re: LGPL vs. GPL

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: LGPL vs. GPL
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:12:33 -0400

JohnF wrote:
But if I couldn't care less what you think,
then what right do you have to tell me what
> to do with my own property?

The only thing that makes it "your property" is the
consensus of society that it benefits by putting its
resources behind granting you a limited monopoly for
a limited time. I'm frankly sick and tired of people
who want to do one piece of work one time and then
sit back and expect the rest of us to spend our time,
effort, and money making sure that royalties flow
their way for the rest of their lives.