Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:45:22 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
I said *court* enforcement, Hyman.

Courts enforce things when the parties cannot come to
agreement on their own. So far that hasn't happened.
Well, except in the JMRI case, where the appeals court
said that the plaintiffs could go ahead with their
claims of copyright infringement.

> There was no court order to date (World Wide)
> enforcing the GPL, to my knowledge.

There are no world-wide courts, to my knowledge.

> When will the SFLC's GPL court enforcement come in
> existence?

When one of their defendants decides not to come into
voluntary compliance with the GPL.