Re: GPL 2(b) HUH?

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: GPL 2(b) HUH?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:43:26 +0000 (UTC)

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

>Copyright is what it is, not what you want it to be, unless
>what you want it to be is what it is.

I think you missed the part where HyProg users were copying libGNU as
the HyProg author's agents.

But still, law is quite dynamic.  You will recall that the courts
created the Fair Use doctrine out of thin air, and only later did
Congress codify it into law. The much-maligned executive privilege also
came out of thin air.  (Rjack, we need some out-of-context quotes to
support my arguments here.  Where are you when we need you?)
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/