Re: GPL propaganda

From: Andrew Halliwell
Subject: Re: GPL propaganda
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 01:26:33 +0100

Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> The questions concerning enforceability of the provisions in the GPL
> will occur in the federal courts according to prevailing law. (I do
> not consider non-US jurisdictions.) Arguments concerning
> enforceability should be grounded in references to prevailing
> federal statutes and case law concerning the licensing of
> intellectual property.

Why all the GPL FUD "jack"?
If you don't agree with the GPL, don't try to distribute any software under
it.

simple as that.

Nothing stops you from USING gpl software even if you don't agree with the
GPL. IT IS ENTIRELY ABOUT PERMISSION TO DISTRIBUTE.

As the copyright holder can choose how his code is distributed, where's the
problem? If you disagree with it and distribute against the copyright
holder's wishes, you breach copyright.

Where's the complexity there? What is so difficult for you to grasp?
--
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste!         |
|   Andrew Halliwell BSc   |  I can SMELL!!!  KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and    |