Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..

From: Peter Köhlmann
Subject: Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:14:07 +0100

Hadron wrote:

> Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@gmail.com> writes:

< snip >

>> For most of 30 years, Microsoft has depended on trade secrets,
>> proprietary code, copyright laws and licenses that strictly forbade
>> reverse engineering of code.
>
> Uh huh.
>
> So Wine is a figment of our imagination eh Rexx "Kingmaker" Ballard?

One problem the wine team had that they had to rely on "official" docs for
windows. And not to reverse engineer where forbidden.
Makes it especially difficult in the cases of "undocumented windows"
--
The Day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners.