Re: Red Hat on patent FUD

From: Snit
Subject: Re: Red Hat on patent FUD
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:09:20 -0700

RonB stated in post op.uq5om9adf7zs3d@localhost.localdomain on 3/21/09 12:05
PM:

http://www.press.redhat.com/2009/03/17/discouraging-software-patent-lawsuits>>>
/

>> It's not really FUD.
>>
>> The former head of the FFII is sure to publicise information which
>> suggests that Red Hat is not or was not serious about ending software
>> patents. People should not let them off the hook so easily.
>
> So... are you against any commercial sales of Linux? Red Hat has stated
> (over and over) that their patents are for defensive purposes. The company
> depends on open source development to survive. Do you think that, at some
> point, they'll say "Okay, we can take it from here, no more open
> development... it's all ours now" Have they done ANYTHING to indicate that
> this is the direction they will be going in the future?
>
> Some people seem to be willing to cut off their noses to spite their face.
> I just don't get it.

Well, you do it when I talk about bettering the choices on desktop Linux and
you argue against me just to appear "cool" to your COLA buddies.

You are not really as anti-choice as you claim, are you?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]