Re: GPL traitor !

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:36:13 -0500

On 2009-04-30, Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@ols.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:59:11 -0400, amicus_curious wrote:
>

>> I have on previous occasions asserted that the GPL protects nothing and
>> challenged the COLA fans to provide a scenario wherein anyone could actually
>> take an open source code base and make it proprietary to the detriment of
>> the FOSS community or even to the advantage of the person "stealing" the
>> open source code.  I received nothing comprehensible in return, just the
>> normal blather from the unthinking chorus of fools who are mostly just proud
>> of their ability to "plonk" anything difficult to answer.
>
> Welcome to COLA !
>
> The freetards aren't interested in discussion.
> They just want to spew their religion and lies in the hope that some poor
> fool gets sucked into wasting 2 weeks trying to make Linux work.

    Why bother?

    None of us "religous" types have ever advocated anything of the sort.
Once again, you Lemmings have to resort to blatant lies in order to make
a point.

    The beauty of a gratis LiveCD is that you can "try before you buy"
with no muss, no fuss and no risk. I said the same thing, here in the
same place, a long time ago: we are not out for "world domination" if
someone finds Linux genuinely unsuitable for whatever reason that's
not a big deal. They try it. They move on if that's the case. Perhaps
they will try it again some day or not.

    "Linux Corp" isn't going to go out of business next year if it
doesn't ship X million units. Free Software simply doesn't work
that way. It doesn't have to.

--
                                    My macintosh runs Ubuntu.        |||
                                                                    / | \