Re: GPL traitor !

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:24:27 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss JEDIDIAH <jedi@nomad.mishnet> wrote:

>    In less contentious forums, it seems that the biggest complainers
> against the GPL are those that want to assimilate GPL works into their
> own without abiding by any terms. They seem unable to grasp the fact
> that they are not just "doing their own thing" but they are exploiting
> someone else's work.

Oh they're able to grasp it, they just refuse to.

Here, Alex Terekhov's "hobby" is knocking the FSF; he's a pure troll, but
fairly harmless, really.  Hadron is probably a shill for some body with
an interest in spreading FUD about the GPL.  Rjack might be, too.  Hyman
Rosen is different; he reckons he's found a bug in copyright law, based
on a mechanical, pedantic reading of some laws, and he's arguing to try
and find the flaw; a bit like I'm doing.

Maybe one or two of these people want to misappropriate GPL'd code too.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).