NYC LOCAL: Thursday 28 January 2010 First Meeting Clojure NYC: Rich Hick

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Thursday 28 January 2010 First Meeting Clojure NYC: Rich Hickey, Stuart Sierra, and Eric Thorsen on Clojure
Date: 27 Jan 2010 01:21:20 -0500

  what="not quite official Clojure NYC announcement,
        taken from
        http://www.meetup.com/Clojure-NYC/calendar/12228936";
  info="http://www.meetup.com/Clojure-NYC";
  note="space may be tight"
  more="http://clojure.org
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clojure
        http://java.ociweb.com/mark/clojure
        http://pragprog.com/titles/shcloj/programming-clojure
        http://www.manning.com/rathore
        http://joyofclojure.com";
  edits="some formatting, one typo corrected">

 Date:     Thursday 6:30 pm 28 January 2010

 Location: NYC Seminar and Conference Center
           71 West 23rd Street
           NY, NY 10010
           1-866-807-1114

 I have a space reserved for us to have the first NYC Clojure
 Users Group meeting!

 I picked a place that is easy to get to from GCT or Penn:

    http://www.nycseminarcenter.com/visiting/subway.cfm

 I've finalized the agenda for this Thursday:

 Agenda

      * Introduction
      * What do we want to accomplish with our group
      * Regular meeting location and times
      * A Call for Speakers
      * Announcements
      * Talks

            o Enclojure IDE library and the Netbeans Plugin - Eric Thorsen
            o Hadoop with Clojure - Stuart Sierra
            o deftype and protocols in Clojure - Rich Hickey

      * Town Hall Time / Q&A
      * Post meeting libations and nosh (place TBD)

 Looking forward to seeing you there!
 Eric

Distributed poC TINC:

Jay Sulzberger <secretary@lxny.org>