Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 20:52:20 +0000 (UTC)

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:

> Hyman Rosen wrote:

>> On 2/2/2010 2:13 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

>> To paraphrase a popular internet quote, "the plural of stupid and
>> deliberate misinterpretation is not 'fact'".

Indeed.

> I've posted many links .....

Yes indeed.  They rarely, if ever, support what they purport to.  You're
links are a distraction, intended to lend you an appearance of knowledge.
I've looked up enough of them in the past to know that they're just part
of your trolling.  You get boring, you know.  The same thing, time after
time after time.  Even after the most welcome recent holiday, you're
still as boring and nauseating as ever.

> .... to the material supporting the fact that the GPL's "mere
> aggregation" clause in fact gives permission to combine programs
> through static linking/aggregate.

To innocent third parties: this is part of Alex T's FUD.  Don't believe
a word of it.  Remember, Alex is a software engineer, not a lawyer.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).