Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:53:51 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > David Kastrup wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > http://www.softwarefreedom.org/news/2008/jun/10/busybox/bell-complaint.pdf
> >
> >> Which makes this case be a plain copyright-relevant-or-not case not
> >> involving the GPL.
> >
> > Why did SFLC attached the GPL to the complaint silly?
>
> Because their assessment of the situation is different from that of
> Bell's.

LOL. Sure it is different. But that has nothing to do with your idiotic
theory of ""Answer of Complaint" has to include one detail: whether
the defendant has chosen to avail himself of the GPL as a license or
not.  If he says "not", the GPL is not an issue in the case. And the
defendant has a lousy stance explaining what he is doing with the
software in the first case. If he says "yes, I use the GPL", he has
a lousy stance explaining what he is doing ignoring the terms of the
license."

regards,
alexander.

--