Re: [News] SFLC Responds to Copyright Misconceptions, Presents Moglen Ta

From: Peter Köhlmann
Subject: Re: [News] SFLC Responds to Copyright Misconceptions, Presents Moglen Talk
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:37:50 +0100

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>>
>> > David Kastrup wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > There's no reason to do it -- to wit:
>> >
>> > http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp
>>
>> That's a link to a firmware upgrade.  "This firmware update is
>> applicable to both Actiontec and Verizon branded FiOS Routers."  As I
>> hear, those routers come with a manual detailing where to get the
>> source
>> to the firmware.  The links have been pointed out to you as well.
>
> That "where to get" is NOT Verizon's location and has nothing to do with
> Verison's location above, silly dak.

Oh, and you twit can certainly point to the exact place in the GPL where
it is stated that the source *absolutely* has to be supplied from the same
location you got the binary from?

You get dumber by the second
--
I say you need to visit Clues 'R' Us. They are having a special on
slightly used clues.