Re: Blowhard Bradley Kuhn and his fraud

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Blowhard Bradley Kuhn and his fraud
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:59:11 -0000

On 8/11/2010 6:16 PM, devil_dude wrote:
If you don't want to participate in a discussion group

I regard paying money in order to rebut cranks as one of the silliest
things I could possibly do, especially since they are generally easily
refuted with free information.

In the case of "tiny text strings", even without the source document I'm
positive that the cranks are lying as usual. I would guess that the
"tiny text strings" are used when trying to determine whether someone is
copying and distributing GPLed code, that is, as part of the initial
investigation. Once this determines that infringement is likely, the
"tiny text strings" don't have to be used to prove similarity. When the
lawsuit goes to the discovery phase, the defendants can simply be asked
whether they are copying and distributing the program in question.