Re: Need of ‘stubborn governance’

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Need of ‘stubborn governance’
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 21:51:21 +0100

* Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> [2019-10-31 21:40]:
>    Whatʼs about Readline and Tivoization, though?
>
> With Readline I was refering to how GNU clisp used readline, and was
> subsequently released under the GNU GPL.  With Tivoization I was
> refering to how, and why the GNU GPL version 3 came to be under much
> harsh criticism, in an effort to ensure that we can still update our
> devices with software that they are distributed with.
>
> A less stubborn person would have allowed all these things to happen,
> and we would be worse off today.

Somebody mentioned first "stubborn". In my opinion word stubborn in
relation to RMS does not describe his character well, as stubborn is
according to Wordnet dictionary: tenaciously unwilling or marked by
tenacious unwillingness to yield -- while other synonyms could maybe
fit better, maybe such as "uncompromising" or others, I cannot find
better word. Stubborn is is not accurate enough.