Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 22:40:23 -0500

On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 02:14:55PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Sandra,
>
> On Fri, 2019-11-01 at 09:34 -0600, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> > I'd like to clarify some things, and provide some references.  Since I
> > sent my original post in this thread, several people have accused me of
> > slandering or defaming RMS, lying about what he has said, making false
> > accusations against him, repeating false media reports, and the like.
> > Well, I am not a liar.
> >
> > I'm aware that some news reporting and social media posts have
> > inaccurately characterized RMS's remarks about Virginia Guiffre as a
> > defense of Epstein.  I'm aware that is not what he actually said in that
> > particular instance, and I have not repeated those false
> > characterizations, or based any of my thinking on that inaccurate reporting.
> > [...]
> > Beyond the news articles,
> > there've been a *ton* of blog and social media posts trashing both
> > Stallman and the free software community for looking the other way
> > for far too long.
> > Some of those comments have been wildly inaccurate and off-base, but
> > there is a public perception that the problem is all of us, not just
> > RMS.  :-(
> >
> > I'm confident that RMS's statements on child pornography, pedophilia,
> > etc do not reflect a consensus view of the GNU developer community.  So
> > why can't we stand up and say that "this is not us"?  It makes no sense
> > for us to die on this particular hill trying to defend those views or to
> > defend having him as the public face of our organization.
> > [...]
> > for now let me just say that I enjoyed my time there
> > and have always been grateful to RMS for finding me something useful and
> > fun to do when I was between "real" jobs.  I don't have a grudge against
> > him, and I'm not trying to smear him with fictional stories of things he
> > didn't really say or do.
>
> Thanks for saying so clearly what I believe many of us feel.

Nobody believes this except for a few hysterical lunitics.  Your
posting this as such is another form of disinformation and an attack on
the intelligence of the GNU community.

Furthermore, what she posted was irrational and not clear.

Your being dishonest.  How do you account for exagerating proven
lies, stamping them with your approval, despite that they are lies and
designed to  cause real hard to RMS, and to destroy political
discourse and free thinking?

I'm telling you what most of us who are adults understand.  People like
you are dangerous and we feel attacked by you, and Sandra, who causally
repeat lied and villianize innocent people.

> To rms his credit he did acknowledge there was a problem by resigning
> as president of the FSF.

So this is just more lies.

He resigned because he was pressured to do so and he SAID that.

He shouldn't have resigned and the mob should have been censored

> While acknowledging and sharing your views on the public impact this
> has had on the GNU project and all of us, I still hope we can do this
> together and turn GNU around to make us all proud again to belong to
> that organization.

Sod off ...  GNU has nothing to be ashamed for and neither does RMS.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com
http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com
Being so tracked is for FARM ANIMALS and extermination camps, but
incompatible with living as a free human being. -RI Safir 2013