Re: GNU Kind Communication Guidelines versus social contract or Codes of

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: GNU Kind Communication Guidelines versus social contract or Codes of Conduct
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 20:25:18 +0100

* Jean Louis:

> Can you see that it is discouraging and not welcoming contributions?
>
> Do you understand that mentioning various GNU projects causes
> contributors in those GNU projects not contribute if they find
> fallacies in your public shamings statement?
>
> As a signer of public shaming, I cannot know what is your motivation
> as related to encouraging contributions. It appears you have same
> motivation.
>
> Am I right? Please answer me?

You are very, very wrong.  We are trying very hard to stay within GNU,
but the feedback we have received so far on GNU mail lists suggests
that we are not wanted here.

Keep in mind that *we* have to justify to our friends and colleagues
why we support, through our paid and unpaid work, a project that
refuses to distance itself from a leader who has bizarre notions about
consent.  This is the reality for us.

Looking back over the last 18 months or so, I am no longer sure if
people join GNU because they want to work towards a world of free
software, or if GNU is simply the pretext they need to label other
people as morally corrupt or wrong, downright evil, and generally
bully them, while viewing themselves as morally superior.