Re: Proposals for the new GNU/FSF relationship

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: Re: Proposals for the new GNU/FSF relationship
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 14:12:10 -0500

[original mailing lists added back in; your mails make replying
difficult as they do not include the mailing list address]

nylxs <mrbrklyn@optonline.net> writes:
> On 12/27/19 4:39 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> As volunteers for the GNU Project we are happy that the FSF provides GNU
>> with services like fiscal sponsorship, technical infrastructure,
>> promotion, copyright assignment, and volunteer management.  And we note
>> that the FSF is looking for feedback on this relationship going forward:
>>
>>   https://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-and-gnu
>

> No that is a lie.

But it's almost word-for-word what the FSF posted on their web site...

Perhaps the wording is simply vague?  You're interpreting it in a way
that benefits you, and he's interpreting it in a way that benefits him,
neither being wrong?

Either way, it's harmful to use harsh words like "lie" when you could
have said "that's not how I interpreted it" or "I think you're
mistaken".  Please try to be more kind in the future.