I suspect that there is no such thing as a "GNU Social Contract"

From: J.B. Nicholson
Subject: I suspect that there is no such thing as a "GNU Social Contract"
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 16:25:30 -0600

fredomatic wrote:
I, Frederic Y. Bois, maintainer of package GNU MCSim, endorse version
1.0 of the GNU Social Contract, available at
<https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract>.

I suspect that the response from Alfred M. Szmidt is correct -- there is no GNU Social Contract and what you're agreeing to is something bearing the GNU name and logo but made by a third party who does not speak for the GNU Project (such as Ludovic Courtès' proposal in https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-misc-discuss/2019-10/msg00050.html ).

gnu.tools' current domain registrar (namecheap.com)[1] is not the same as gnu.org's current domain registrar[2] (gandi.net). gnu.tools' owner is not publicly listed in whois but gnu.org's organizational owner is publicly listed in whois. If I were keen to agree to Courtès' proposal I'd wonder why the gnu.tools domain exists, if GNU needs a wiki for the project why not host that wiki on wiki.gnu.org, and where one could get official word from the GNU Project leader (which remains rms) on which domains are owned by the GNU Project (certainly one would expect gnu.org to be in that set of domains but not necessarily gnu.tools).

These differences suggest to me that one should be wary of what one finds on
gnu.tools.

[1] https://www.whois.com/whois/gnu.tools which appears as shown in https://archive.md/wip/QM6MM as of the time/date on this email. [2] https://www.whois.com/whois/gnu.org which appears as shown in https://archive.md/wip/CVMzp as of the time/date on this email.