Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:32:15 -0500

I would suggest everyone to read the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines
as for how we wish to communicate within the GNU project.  Calling
people names, be it calling them toxic or any other name is unkind
even if one might think it is justified..

   That seems to be the ground of what some people do not understand here:
   full inclusiveness can not work, there will always be some people you
   will be excluding one way or the other, voluntarily or not.  Making sure
   that the choice of who you exclude gets written down seems important to
   me.

I think it is understood quite well, which is different from having a
different view on how to achive the end goal of a fun, and kind place
to hack in.

The GNU project takes a road which is slightly more bumpy, where we
try to get everyone to play along together, and not to exclude them
for whatever reasons.  Since that is a road that is very slippery and
only leads to very shaky reasoning, and it can can be seen very well
here where one party refuses to even show the other side -- and that
is not because of unkind behaviour from that side.