Re: Gow, Cygwin alternative refers to GNU programs as open source UNIX t

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Gow, Cygwin alternative refers to GNU programs as open source UNIX tools
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 03:57:07 +0300

* Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> [2020-10-28 00:24]:
> Jean Louis 写道:
> > I did not notice it. There are no sources on Github, just binaries
>
> They take some effort to miss:
> <https://github.com/bmatzelle/gow/releases/tag/v0.8.0>.

I have downloaded packages. For GNU tools I can find sources. For Gow,
I cannot find. I do believe in good intentions. Author is probably not
well informed and develops on Windows.

This package below is distributed as gow-0.8.0 "source" and contains
binaries. Users receiving binaries cannot know to which license each
binary is there, unless they would be experienced.

File NoDocs.txt is empty.

There is nowhere written or explained how to make the Gow oneself and
I do not find source for Gow.

So probably it is vbs script, there is no EXE for Gow. Is it right?

admin@static:~$ tree -C gow-0.8.0/
gow-0.8.0/
├── bin
│   ├── awk.exe