Re: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of the GNU Assembly project
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:26:00 -0500

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> By the way, could you please update the license on this page:
> https://gnu.tools/en/documents/free-software/
>
> The page is mentioning "open source" that was never in the original
> article for free software here:
> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html and original article is
> licensed under Copyright © 1996, 2002, 2004-2007, 2009-2019, 2021 Free
> Software Foundation, Inc. This page is licensed under a Creative
> Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. -- which
> means, that you are required legally:
>
> - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and
>   indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable
>   manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you
>   or your use.
>
>   There is no URL to the original article, in fact there is no URL or
>   hyperlink to any GNU.org page, no proper attribution, no license,
>   and no indication of modification. You are required to respect
>   copyrights.

This makes me doubt if Guix really respects FSF FSDG.  If they cannot
respect free software licenses, maybe they include non-free software.
That is why I proposed in 2019 that approved distros do not audit
themselves for freedom.  A third party should.  But Donald Robertson has
delayed with different excuses over time.  John Sullivan also decided to
overlook this.  They just bounced it back on me, instead of taking
action as FSF should do.  I wonder why they have so much decision power
in FSF and not the board.