abc2ly fixes

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: abc2ly fixes
Date: 03 Dec 2000 10:20:49 -0500

The attached patch has fixes and enhancements to abc2ly.

>From CHANGES:

1.3.114.lec1
============

* abc2ly fixes
        * allow a g_8 clef to be specified by treble8

        * allow full mode names, as well as 3 character abbreviations

        * support breves and longas (no abc program that I know of has
          longas, but a couple of them have breves, and one can always hope.)

        * translate text annotations beginning with _ and ^ for above and
          below the staff.

        * quote lyrics syllables with (

        * handle real repeat syntax, for appropriately written ABC.

        * %%LY slyrics now works for longer than one character lyric strings.

        * N: fields are now put in the header

Note that it's probably quite possible to break the new repeat stuff
-- I worked on it until it handles my stuff, something from a friend
who does a lot of transcribing of eighteenth century Scottish stuff,
and "Paddy O'Rafferty", but there are probably things out there
wierder than any of those.  Let me know if you find them.

Also note that the "C" time signatures work on lilypond 1.3.107 but
not on anything much later than that.  If I knew how to write one that
worked on 1.3.114, I would do it, but input/test/time.ly isn't any
help.

If there's anyone with ABC who wants to test this, I'd be happy to
hear the results.  I haven't tested much on multi-voice stuff at all.

The major information that's in ABC files now that still doesn't transfer
to the lilypond is the beaming.  I doubt that that will happen this
month.  However, if there's anything easy that's still missing, that
someone would like, please let me know.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139