Lily's fonts

From: John Sankey
Subject: Lily's fonts
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:29:46 -0500 (EST)

I've been trying to find a graphical editor that can handle Lily's
PostScript output, so I can move those few rests I need to make
polyphonic passages readable. Most of them (cf. Adobe Illustrator)
just crash when faced with Lily's output. Only the most recent
version of CorelDraw can handle them, and the file size explodes
(20x).

Corel says that "the file contains fonts (the musical symbols)
rendered as part curves, part bitmaps", and that fonts are not
supposed to be that way. Is this mix inherent to Lily? or is it
something that TeX+dvips is doing? Is there any way of getting
'legal' vector fonts out of the system? (The files Corel got were
generated in Linux, but new ones will be from NT, if that makes a
difference.)

John