Re: Smart transpose

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: Smart transpose
Date: 16 Dec 2000 18:52:17 +0100

  Han-Wen> address@hidden writes:
  >> I've just entered a request on cosource.com :
  >>
  >> http://www.cosource.com/cgi-bin/cos.pl/wish/info/387
  >>
  >> Here's a copy of my feature request :

  >> Your task, if you accept it is to implement a \smarttranspose
  >> command that would translate such oddities into more natural
  >> notations. Double accidentals should be removed, as well as #E
  >> (-> F), bC (-> B), bF (-> E), #B (-> C).

  Han-Wen> You mean like this. (Sorry 'bout the nuked indentation.)

        [...]

Exactly. But it does not seem to transpose \key items. And I haven't
tried on chords.

Also, I'd like to not change the note if it is not altered i the first
place. In the following example, the last note should remain eis,
since this alteration is in the key. (I know, I'm changing the specs,
it's not fair :-)

m =   \notes \relative c' {  d e fis g ais b cis }

\score {
  \notes \context Staff  {
     \transpose e' { \key d \major; }
     \apply #(lambda (x) (smart-transpose x (make-pitch 0 2 0)))
\m
  }
}

By the way, it disturbs me that notes are numbered from 0 to 6, since
I'm used to degrees ranging from 1 to 7. What do other people think
about this ?

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden                        http://www.linuxfan.com/~laurent